
Saturday was the annual Houtz family Easter Egg Hunt. The weather wasn't great, but we were able to squeeze in the egg hunt in between rain showers. It was interesting trying to fit all of us in my parents house for lunch, but we managed. Even Uncle Dick got into the egg hunting action, finding this one in the tree. I've never seen anyone climb that tree so fast!

The kids loved the Easter egg hunt. Alex made sure he opened his first egg and ate the candy, then decided to get as many as he could. He's finally getting the hang of this egg hunting thing.


Kennedy is already a pro, of course, and had her Easter bag full within minutes. They each scored with lots of candy and a couple of dollars each. Kennedy is already planning on using her money on the ice cream truck that seems to come way too often down our street.

Kennedy had a blast playing with her cousins. Aren't they all so cute!
Dylan spent the day sleeping and being admired by all the family. He is such a good, easygoing baby. That's a good thing, with being the third child and all!

Sunday started with Easter baskets and playing with a few toys that the Easter bunny brought. Dylan scored some formula and binkies-how nice of the Easter Bunny!
Then we headed to church, well, Jared and Kennedy did. I had good intentions of taking Dylan to church for the first time, but Alex was still recovering from his cold with a nice runny nose. I decided the nursery wouldn't appreciate me dropping him off there with a yucky nose. Anyway, we did make it to Sacrament meeting and I managed to make it through the entire meeting without any major meltdowns.
After sacrament meeting we came home and got ready for another egg hunt in our yard with Coleton, Chloe and Liam. Once again, there were lots of eggs with candy to be found and the kids had fun. After the egg hunt, we went to Evan and Alicia's for a delicious Easter dinner.

I had hopes of having a little spiritual time with the kids to talk about the real meaning of Easter and actually talk about Christ and his resurrection, but of course, by the time we got home from dinner, the kids were having meltdowns and it was time for bed. I guess at least Kennedy got a nice Easter lesson in church. But I'm pretty sure she still prefers the Easter bunny and candy.
4 comments:
Cute pictures Tara! You guys had quite the weekend! I liked Dylan's basket...reminded me alot of Halle's! We had fun with you guys at Grandmas, but I was bummed we didn't get to color eggs together this year! Maybe next Easter! As far as the spiritual side of Easter...we had a FHE about why we celebrate Easter that I thought was a complete flop. Izzy told her Grandma Barney later that, "Jesus died on a board and I call him Christ the Lord." Where did that come from!? Glad she listened to part of it! Kids are so funny!
Looks like you guys had a great Easter!
Love the pics T - looks like you had lots of fun.
YEAH... WE FELT A LITTLE GUILTY ABOUT MISSING CHURCH ON EASTER THIS YEAR, BUT WHEN A GET-A-WAY PRESENTS ITSELF... YA GOTTA RUN!!!
DON'T TELL JARED!!!!!
Post a Comment