
Okay, so no one will ever call me Mr. Plumber, but I did tackle a fun little job last night. For the past month or so our kitchen faucet has had a drip. It wasn't anything too bad. If you simply turned the faucet in the right direction you could usually get it to stop dripping. Still it was a nuisance and I wanted to fix the problem. On Saturday I decided to open up the faucet to see if I could solve the drip. After playing around for over an hour I thought I had the problem solved, until we woke up Sunday and the drip had become a leak.
So now I had a choice, do I spend more time and less money to fix a 20 year old faucet, or do I simply buy a new one. Well, last night we took the whole family over to Home Depot and picked up a Price Pfister faucet (love that alliteration). The only thing I can say about installing a new faucet is that most plumbers must be a lot smaller than me. I don't really fit underneath the sink very well so I spend much of my time contorting my body into interesting positions to reach the different valves and fasteners. After an hour's work or so, presto we had water, with no leak.
No comments:
Post a Comment