
Yesterday, Tara and I had the chance to go with a group from our ward to the Vernal Temple. We loaded onto a bus at 7:30 am and began a 12 hour trek that would really provide a neat experience. I've been working with the Bishopric for the past couple of months to put the trip together and when we pulled out the bus had 35 members aboard. We were a little short of capacity, but everyone was excited to be there.
As you can see, Tara started the trip out right. She was trying to catch up on some much needed rest from the night before. Kennedy has been going through a bit of a cold, so she (and consequently Tara) isn't sleeping much. The morning highlights included our first look at the fall leaves, and a chance to play bus attendants by going up and down the isle and passing out snacks. It was nice to provide a little comfort to some of the older members who were on the trip.
We arrived in Vernal around 11:30 am and, after a few minutes for some photos, went in for the 12:15 session. What a beautiful temple. I can't say enough about how great it looked, both inside and out. It is a great example of the Church's desire to preserve the past, while moving toward the future.After we finished our session, we loaded up the bus and headed over to Golden Corral for a buffet lunch. I can't believe how much everyone ate. Some of the old people can really put it away (not that Tara and I did so badly ourselves). Back to the bus and we were on our way home. The highlight from the return trip included listening to some music from the 50's (until one sister let it be known that she didn't want to hear any more of that music - maybe it was a little to fast for her!). We pulled back into the church parking lot at 7:30 pm, a little weary from the travel, but certainly refreshed from a wonderful day at the temple. I'm really glad we put the trip together, and I am so glad that Tara and I were able to share a day at the temple together (we were happy to come home to baby though!).
No comments:
Post a Comment