It was a magical evening for all who attended. We spend three days decorating the cultural hall and it was transformed into a wonder of lights and sights. The Youth were all excited for the party as they came dressed like conductors, engineers, and chefs. And then there was me.I was asked last month to play the part of the conductor from the Polar Express. No big deal I thought. I've seen the show several times and Tom Hanks character is certainly a big part of Christmas for a lot of people. There was one little catch. In order to pull off the part I had to look the part. That meant shaving off my beard and leaving an old man mustache. Never let it be said I wouldn't do anything for the kids.
One of my family's favorite parts of the party is the annual visit by the big man himself, Santa Claus. It was fun to see our favorite Santa and the kids all shared their Christmas wishes. Seeing these pictures never gets old.
After the party was over it was time to officially welcome Christmas. We have a great ward and this was a great night. Let the season begin.







1 comment:
hmm... guess my comment didn't stick. Jared, you look JUST like the conductor. Wow, totally pulled that off!! What a cool ward party. I'm impressed and jealous that you have people in your ward willing to put for the effort to put together a party like that. Love all the pics. Thanks for posting.
Post a Comment