4/9/12

Easter Fun

I know Jared posted a few pics of Easter, so I will add the details.  Easter followed the same format as most years.  We started the celebration with the annual trip to my parents house for the big Easter egg hunt.  After a yummy BBQ with the family, the kids had a blast finding Easter eggs full of candy and lots of money.  When I was little, there was one $5.00 egg.  Now there are seven or eight and tons of other money eggs.  I think Kennedy came out with $15.00!  As always, the hunt was in Grandpa's Christmas tree farm.  It was a little nostalgic walking through my dad's forest that I helped him plant when I was little.  It was hard not having him there with us.

We also played horse shoes, basketball, baseball, and just enjoyed the afternoon with the family.

Easter morning came and the Easter bunny spoiled the kids again this year.  They got lots of treats and toys.  After church, we spent the afternoon with Evan and Alicia's kids and had yet another Easter egg hunt.  The kids especially liked finding eggs that talked to them that nana gave to them.  We ended the day with a delicious dinner at Evan and Alicia's house.  It was a nice day and the kids seemed to enjoy the Easter weekend.  I just hope they actually remember that the holiday is actually to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus and not just about candy, toys, eggs and bunnies!

No comments: