Take tonight's fireside for example. A few weeks ago we watched the film 17 Miracles as part of our preparation. Well, tonight we had two of the actors from the movie share their testimonies of the handcart companies and their struggles. Chantel Flanders played a young woman in the movie who's family endured many hardships. She spoke of the film, but more importantly, she spoke of the impact that attending a pioneer trek had in her life. It was a great talk and helped the kids feel the spirit.
The second speaker was the star of 17 Miracles, Jasen Wade. He played Levi Savage in the film and Jasen had the kids completely engaged as he shared story after story of his experience with this pioneer hero. Jasen encouraged the Youth to learn who they are and to avoid settling for things that don't match their values. It was very cool to have Jasen come to our stake and share his testimony with our kids. Come on, he's Levi Savage - and he came to our stake center to talk to the Youth! Wow...I hope the kids are getting excited for trek. I know I am. This will be my 3rd trek and each time it becomes more important to strengthening my testimony. I can't wait for June to get here!
No comments:
Post a Comment