We've been collecting items for a while to donate and the recent room swapping meant all of our baby stuff was now available. The crib, high chair, clothes, everything that moves us out of baby mode was added to the yard sale. I really liked the idea of us moving out our baby stuff to help Jason and Kristin in their desire to move in their baby.The sale was a big success. We had donations from tons of different friends and family (thanks to everyone I bugged at work and on Facebook) and there was a steady stream of traffic looking for that one "rare gem". I can't say how many items will make their way to Antiques Roadshow, but Jason and Krisitn came away with a nice haul and a good start towards increasing their family for the future.
PS - my favorite story from the sale was courtesy of Kennedy. I guess when Tara and the kids stopped by the sale Dede spotted some of her toys and immediately bought them back. Quite a deal for young Kennedy - rather than cleaning her room, she lightened her wallet to get her precious stuff back. Classic!
No comments:
Post a Comment