Last week Tara and I did something unheard of for the past couple of years - we went to the movies, twice, in one week. Sure we maxed out our babysitters for the next month or so (thanks Mom and Dad), but it was so nice to head to the Megaplex for a show.

On Thursday Tara and I saw Angels and Demons, the latest Dan Brown/ Ron Howard / Tom Hanks adventure. We both really like the book and it was fun to see it brought to life. Now, I read the book about 3 years ago so I have to say that I really couldn't remember a lot of the twists and turns. Still, it's nice to escape into an action/ adventure movie for a break from reality. Is it better than Da Vinci Code? No - but if you liked the one you'll probably like the other. Just remember to suspend reality for the last hour or so and you'll be good to go.

Saturday was the true movie event of the week. We packed up Kennedy and Alex and headed off to see Up. What a great movie. I have to say I think I would rather watch the Pixar / Dreamworks movies that most of the other stuff around today. I loved how Up profiled the couple at the beginning of the film. Even though it was a bit sad, it was great to show kids all the different phases of life. The rest of the movie was really fun. The characters that Pixar dreams up are awesome - I absolutely loved the chubby little cub scout, Russell. Even though I HATE balloons go see this one, it will truly make you smile.
1 comment:
Loved "Up". And "Star Trek". No "Angels and Demons" here...
Post a Comment