2/21/09

What a Week - Jared's Take

It's been a fun adjustment getting used to life with a newborn. People are actually interested in visiting us again (I should say they're interesting in visiting Dylan - we just happen to be here) and the meals keep on coming. Life is rather surreal when someone brings you a meal everyday. I won't complain though, who could complain about Hilarie's spaghetti, I could live on that sauce.

Tara has been a real trooper this week as Dylan's favorite time to be awake is from 1-3 am. I wonder how long it will take to turn him around so he sleeps at night instead of all day? Maybe he's just preparing for being a teenager! The best is having Big Al hold Dylan. I don't know who sleeps more. Dylan is already trying to copy his Papa though as both seemed lost in thought.

Favorite quote by Big Al this week: "I like kids when they're this age. They can't run around and they don't tell you no."

Everyone is finally settling into new patterns. Kennedy is ready to be mini mom, as she tells everyone what they can and can't do around Dylan. Alex is ready to be a big brother. He loves to hold his little brother and constantly asks if he can "hold it". We're still working on calling Dylan "him".

As for me, I'm headed back to work - in fact I'm there right now. It's been great to have a few days at home for the transition, but all things must come to an end and it's time. Now is when the reality of three children will finally set in. Wish us luck, especially Tara!

1 comment:

Our Fondaco Family said...

I am LOVING the photo of Uncle Al with Dylan!! How precious to catch that kind of moment and to get a picture of it!!! Gotta LOVE it! Tara-- I know you'l do great by yourself! Us moms always figure out a way to make it work!! That's why we're the moms right!?!