2/25/09

Sleepy Head

I know the stereotype is the exhausted new parents, both struggling as the newborn sleeps all day and is awake all night. The truth is, Dylan has been pretty good about sleeping both day and night. He needs to be fed once a night or so, but he is a very good sleeper - so far. The trouble is the other kids have been keeping us awake.

Last night Alex laid in bed and cried out for his "mommy" several different times. Each time I couldn't help him sleep, only his mom. You can imagine how much this wore Tara out. This morning we realized that Alex has a touch of the croup, so you can't really blame him for his poor night. Still, you don't think the big kids will be the ones keeping you awake.

While I'm on the topic of sleep. My favorite day to sleep lately is Sunday. It seems that I get a chance to catch up on about 20 minutes or so every Sunday. The problem is that the 20 minutes are during Sacrament Meeting. I have become the counselor in the bishopric that nods on and off through the entire meeting. I don't know what's come over me. My only answer is that being a High Priest is finally catching up with me...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, that made me spray the room with my beverage of choice thank you very much. LOL

Natali Thompson said...

Congratulations Jared and Tara! He is absolutely perfect!! I told Bree I would be happy to bring you guys dinner one night-let me know :)

Angee said...

Something about getting up with a newborn that is peaceful. Something about getting up with a toddler or preschooler that is not peaceful and makes me very grumpy...

miche said...

Oh, it's totally the big kids who will keep you up and who don't go back to sleep. At least the babies sleep right after getting fed or changed.
Sorry for the croup... hope Dylan doesn't get it!