
After several hours of waiting around, Dylan Noble finally came into the world at 6:34 pm this evening. It had been a day full of anticipation as Amber was scheduled to go into the hospital first thing this morning. Things went pretty slowly for several hours, and then it all happened at once. Being adoptive parents, all we could do was wait. I think it's almost like the way things used to be, when the dad would get a phone call telling him he had a new baby boy. When we got the call, we raced down to the hospital to meet little Dylan.

We arrived at the hospital just in time for Tara to get a bracelet and head into the nursery for Dylan's first bath. What a cute kid. He weighs 8lbs. 3oz. and is 20 inches long (isn't every baby 20 inches long?) and has little tufts of light colored hair. While Tara bathed him we learned immediately that this kid has a good set of lungs, as you could hear him screaming through the glass - can you blame him though, it was a pretty tough day...
Kennedy and Alex were so excited to see their new baby brother. On the way to the hospital Dede had a checklist of her new duties to care for Dylan. "Give him his bottle, make sure he has a binkie, burp him so he doesn't have air in his belly." The list went on and on. As we watched Tara with Dylan the kids were beaming. They kept trying to get the baby's attention and couldn't wait for the chance to hold him.We spent a couple of hours with Amber and Dylan, before we needed to bring some exhausted kids home for bed. Birth mom is doing great (what a trooper!) and, much to our surprise, she gave us presents for our family and the baby. Can you believe it? Like she didn't have enough on her mind already! It was an amazing night and we can't wait to get back to hospital tomorrow to see Baby Dylan.
18 comments:
Wow! I am so excited for all of you! Congrats!
What a sweetie. He is darling. What a great addition to your family!
Congratulations! I am so happy for you! What a sweet picture of Kennedy holding her new baby brother! I can't wait to meet him.
He's adorable! So sweet to see Kennedy holding him. Katie was just a half an inch shorter!! :) Congrats!!
-Melissa
He is so beautiful... We are so happy for you guys! You have an amazing little family.
Yeah! Can't wait to see what adventure Dylan brings to your family. I'm pretty sure things aren't going to be very quiet around your house with 3 little kids. We wouldn't want it any other way.
Great job Amber. You are amazing...
Congratulations Covili's. What a cutie. The kids look adorable with him!! We can't wait to meet him!!
Congratulations! We couldn't be happier for you! He is a cute kid and will make a great addition to the Covili clan.
Urghhhhh...I'm crying so hard right now! We are soooo happy for you. What a beautiful little boy and a beautiful family! We love you guys and can't wait to meet Dylan...Congrats!
Congrats Jared, Tara and family!
OKAY... I'LL GATHER MYSELF. I COULD HARDLY GET THROUGH READING THIS POST TO MY KIDOS WITHOUT TEARS. WHAT AN INCREDIBLE DAY FOR YOUR AMAZING FAMILY... WE LOVE YOU DEARLY! WELCOME LITTLE FELLA!!!
Congralations! He is so adorable and it looks like he is already beloved! Can't wait to meet him!
He is a doll. He looks so much like Alex! We can't wait to hold him and kiss on him! Congrats! We are so excited for you guys!!
Sam told me last night before the ball game, thats where you guys where. I knew there must have been somthing big going on and that is the biggest event I can think of. What a blessing and what a great valentine for the whole family. My stomache is filled with butterflies I can imagine how you guys are feeling, Congratulations!
He is precious!! I love the picture of Dede and Alex holding him and looking at him. Oh I can't wait to hold him! It makes me realize how big Halle is already! Time flies, so don't worry Tara, the sleepless nights will soon be gone! Love you guys!
He is probably the second cutest baby born this week.
What great photos!!! Congrats again youguys!!! Gotta love the babies!!!
BTW- my kids were 21 and 22 inches...
Kaydee
SOOO Cool! We are sooo Happy for all of you!
Post a Comment