2/22/09

Dylan's First Week - Tara's Take

So little Dylan has been with us for a week now. Dylan is such a sweet, calm baby. So far, he sleeps a lot, eats a lot and poops a lot. He doesn't cry much, just during diaper changes and has actually been sleeping pretty good at night. I thought at this point I would be a sleep deprived walking zombie, but I'm actually doing really well. Dylan gets up twice a night right now, eats and goes right back to bed. Nice!


We have had lots of visitors, lots of bottles, lots of diaper changes, lots of naps, lots of meals brought in, (thanks everyone-I haven't even had to cook yet!) and lots of fun with baby Dylan. We took him to the doctor on Tuesday and he was back up to his birth weight and very healthy.



Alex and Kennedy seem to be adjusting well. They love their baby brother and always want to hold him. Alex is very interested in his binkies and they seem to disappear whenever he is around. Kennedy likes to help feed Dylan and make sure he has a toy next to him to play with.

Next week will be the true test of having three kids. Jared is going back to work and His parents are going back to New Harmony. It has been nice to have the extra help, but reality will set in next week. We will have to see if I can handle this new role of mommy! Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Patty said...

Love the post, T. Thanks my friend - you are such a good mommy! I can't wait to see baby Dylan.

zac, kami & zion said...

He is such a beautiful baby. I'm glad to hear the family is adjusting well. Can't wait to see him!

Liz said...

We did a "rock a bye baby" song for Alex today in nursery...in honor of his new brother. We asked him his name and he didn't answer so we started throwing out all kinds of bogus names like "Alex, is your brothers name....Richard?" And he would say "yes" to all of them. We were laughing so hard. He is so cute. I will come and see Dylan soon....I'm dying to hold him. And I'm glad that you are adjusting so well. Three was quite a hard jump for me. You're a champion!

THE WILLIAMS FAMILY said...

WHAT A LITTLE PEANUT!!! I FOUND #3 (FISCHER) TO BE MY EASIEST BABY... I MEAN, YOUR ALREADY DOING EVERYTHING FOR TWO... WHAT'S ONE MORE! I HOPE YOU FEEL THE SAME. TAKE CARE... AND ALLINA SAID THAT SHE WOULD TAKE ALEX OFF YOUR HANDS ANY TIME. THEY ARE BOTH COMPLETELY "SMITTEN" WITH EACH OTHER!!!